Professional Ant Extermination in Baltimore, MD
All Star Pest Management Eliminates Ants
Ants may be small, but in large numbers, they are a mighty force that can quickly overrun your home and make your life miserable. While most of the ants found in Maryland do not sting or bite, they can cause a number of other issues for both home and business owners. They may contaminate your food or take over your kitchen prep spaces, creating an unhealthy environment. When you notice ants at your Baltimore area home or business, it’s time to call in a professional like All Star Pest Management who can perform ant extermination. We have many years of experience and can ensure your issue is taken care of promptly. Please contact us today for more information.
Different Types of Ants in Maryland
Most of the ants native to Maryland do not present a physical threat to humans, meaning they can’t bite or sting you. However, they can still become a nuisance and potentially overrun your pantry and kitchen. Ants are always looking for a food source, which is why you’ll often find them in these areas. Their small size allows them to get into many areas of a structure and set up a colony undetected. Some of the most common types of ants in Maryland include:
- Carpenter Ants: Carpenter ants are one of the smallest species of ant native to Maryland. These insects are often found building their colonies inside wood structures and can be identified by their black and red coloring and constricted waist area. They usually choose to burrow inside of damaged wood, and once they find a home, will contaminate both human and pet food.
- Pavement Ants: Pavement ants usually make their home inside paved or rocky structures, like cracked sidewalks, foundations, and walls. These insects are similar in size to carpenter ants and are often dark brown or black. Just like carpenter ants, they can cause food contamination.
- Acrobat Ants: Acrobat ants get their name from their ability to acrobatically lift their abdomen over their thorax and head. This action usually occurs when they are disturbed. Though they aren’t dangerous, acrobat ants can create a nuisance.
- Odorous House Ants: Odorous house ants are a small species of ant that are usually dark brown or black in color. These insects earn their name from the distinct, unpleasant odor that they produce.
- Thief Ants: Thief ants are rightly named, as their primary source of food comes from stealing and eating the eggs and larvae of other ant species. For this reason, they’ll often nest near other ants. However, they may also come inside homes to feed on food scraps.
Signs of an Ant Infestation
Seeing a lone ant inside your home or business is usually not a cause for too much concern, as this isn’t necessarily a sign that there is an infestation. It’s when you notice a line of ants anywhere on the floors or walls that you need to call a professional, as this likely means there’s a colony nearby. Ants travel together in large packs to feed, so when you see a line of them, it means they are on the hunt for food to take back to their nest. Our team can locate the colony and eradicate them from your property.
How to Get Rid of Ants
Once you have an ant infestation, it can be difficult to get rid of it without the help of a professional. That’s why a professional exterminator is the best way to get rid of ants in your home or business. At All Star Pest Management, we utilize special chemicals and extermination techniques to perform ant removal and take care of your infestation once and for all. We know that ants can be a problem in any season, and our services are able to address the problem no matter what time of year.
Tips to Prevent Ant Infestations
The first step to preventing ant infestations is to make sure there are no places where they can build their colonies. Since carpenter ants live in wood, it’s essential to ensure all wood around your home is dry and free of cracks or other damage where the ants can get in. You should also trim trees and move firewood in order to keep all outdoor wood sources away from the structure. Because pavement ants live inside paved surfaces or concrete, it’s essential to seal up any cracks in the foundation, stairs, or other nearby structures. All ants invade homes in search of food, so you can help to prevent their arrival by cleaning up your kitchen, covering food, and taking out your garbage regularly.
Contact Us for Pest Control
At All Star Pest Management, we are pest control experts, providing extermination services for all types of insect pests as well as wildlife removal. Whether you have an infestation of ants, or you’ve noticed spiders, cockroaches, or other insects, our team can identify the source and remove the pests for good. Please feel free to reach out to us today to discuss your pest control needs.