Mosquito bites can be both uncomfortable and dangerous. If you’re looking for mosquito control near Howard County, there are a few simple steps that you can take to help prevent mosquito bites:
- Wear appropriate clothing. Opt for light-colored clothing that covers as much of your skin as possible, as well as closed-toe shoes. Using insect repellent can also help keep these biters at bay.
- Avoid being outdoors during peak exposure times. Mosquitoes can bite you at any hour but are more active from dusk until dawn.
- Use mosquito nets when camping and picnicking.
One of the most effective ways to keep mosquitos from biting you while you’re outdoors is to use pest management practices that will keep their population around your home under control:
- Remove empty containers. Inspect your property for any places where water can collect, and dispose of or cover them if possible.
- Mow your lawn. Mosquitoes often shelter in tall blades of grass during the day, and keeping your lawn short can help make your property less appealing.
- Use professional pest control. If mosquitoes are a consistent problem around your home, you may benefit from professional mosquito control services.